It's November? So Soon?
As I did warn you that I would be posting on this blog in a random and unorderly fashion, I don't feel like I have to apologize for my absence. That being the case, I will apologize because this isn't really going to be exactly what this blog was intended for. So, there's that before I carry on.
Soo, last year I was railroaded with my new job and I didn't get the chance to fully participate in NaNoWriMo. As in, I didn't really do it at all. (Which was really disappointing.) This past year, in reference to my writing life, has been bizarre! Really. But, within the past few weeks, I've been working the best I have in a long while and I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo. Heaven help us.
Now, before I get to carried away I do want to give a plug and link for NaNoWriMo. It's a pretty significant "rush" if you will. I seriously can't explain the energy that comes with trying to tackle 50,000 words in a month. I didn't know how much I could do with my writing before I participated. So, for those of you who may be wondering whether to try it out or not, I would recommend it. Even if you don't complete it this year, (my first year I think I only wrote 6,000 words or something like that), it will be fun and you may learn something about your abilities.
Okay before this creative and fantastic month commences I wanted to pop in and give very simply stated facts about my project. Therefore...
My 2015 project came out of the blue and is a very strange kind of fantasy novel. As I've never seen myself as a fantasy enthusiast, my story took me off guard in many ways. Well, I'm nearing completion on editing that book. (Which doesn't have a title even though it has been two years. *facepalm*) Wow, I hate even admitting that. It's like I'm daring my characters to misbehave and make a boatload of work for me. *moving along quickly in the hopes they won't notice*
While I was wondering about NaNoWriMo, thoughts of getting the first draft of a book two came to mind and now it seems all my thoughts are channeled in that direction. I wish I had some kind of excerpt or teasing summary to share with you but, you see, I'm my own worst enemy in that department. I am HORRIBLE at shrinking stories down into summaries. I either give too many details or none at all. (For proof of the latter, reference this post. ;)) However, the pictures used in this post are some of the images that first inspired my idea. So there is that.
Sorry for this weak excuse for a post. In case you'll be needing some simple reading for the month, I had some posts prepared for November on The Sensible Pen so they will be scheduled there. (I think I only got two posts done before I took my blogging break so they aren't much.) In the meanwhile, good luck fellow NaNoWriMo-ers. Hahaha.
Write on,
Cordy
P.S. Tell me, are you going to do NaNoWriMo?
P.P.S. NaNoWriMo also means I still won't be around the blogging world for a bit longer. Be back as soon as I can. :D
Soo, last year I was railroaded with my new job and I didn't get the chance to fully participate in NaNoWriMo. As in, I didn't really do it at all. (Which was really disappointing.) This past year, in reference to my writing life, has been bizarre! Really. But, within the past few weeks, I've been working the best I have in a long while and I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo. Heaven help us.
Now, before I get to carried away I do want to give a plug and link for NaNoWriMo. It's a pretty significant "rush" if you will. I seriously can't explain the energy that comes with trying to tackle 50,000 words in a month. I didn't know how much I could do with my writing before I participated. So, for those of you who may be wondering whether to try it out or not, I would recommend it. Even if you don't complete it this year, (my first year I think I only wrote 6,000 words or something like that), it will be fun and you may learn something about your abilities.
Okay before this creative and fantastic month commences I wanted to pop in and give very simply stated facts about my project. Therefore...
My 2015 project came out of the blue and is a very strange kind of fantasy novel. As I've never seen myself as a fantasy enthusiast, my story took me off guard in many ways. Well, I'm nearing completion on editing that book. (Which doesn't have a title even though it has been two years. *facepalm*) Wow, I hate even admitting that. It's like I'm daring my characters to misbehave and make a boatload of work for me. *moving along quickly in the hopes they won't notice*
While I was wondering about NaNoWriMo, thoughts of getting the first draft of a book two came to mind and now it seems all my thoughts are channeled in that direction. I wish I had some kind of excerpt or teasing summary to share with you but, you see, I'm my own worst enemy in that department. I am HORRIBLE at shrinking stories down into summaries. I either give too many details or none at all. (For proof of the latter, reference this post. ;)) However, the pictures used in this post are some of the images that first inspired my idea. So there is that.
Sorry for this weak excuse for a post. In case you'll be needing some simple reading for the month, I had some posts prepared for November on The Sensible Pen so they will be scheduled there. (I think I only got two posts done before I took my blogging break so they aren't much.) In the meanwhile, good luck fellow NaNoWriMo-ers. Hahaha.
Write on,
Cordy
P.S. Tell me, are you going to do NaNoWriMo?
P.P.S. NaNoWriMo also means I still won't be around the blogging world for a bit longer. Be back as soon as I can. :D


I'm doing NaNo too!! I'll be cheering you on. :D
ReplyDeleteCordy, you and I are the same with summaries. You can't just say the general idea of it! You have to say it all, or nothing!
ReplyDeleteI only got 8,000 words, but it was still fun. :)